abujug blogspot

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Sonntag, 24. August 2008

Technology + Boredom = Coolness

Posted on 09:05 by david
Apparently some guy figured out where each possible Obama VP candidate was and then looked up charter flights leaving Friday night to where Obama was, and determined that Joe Biden was the VP candidate. That's using technology and boredom creatively.

I am sure there exist meeeellions of blog entries devoted to discuss Biden, and what this pick means. But I want to discuss something else. I want to talk about how exciting it is that Obama didn't choose Hillary. Some might accuse me of wasting words on floccinaucinhilipilification, but there are serious implications here that we need to address. By making the choice of Biden, Obama effectively slammed the door on 20 years of Bushes and Clintons.
For those 1 or maybe 2 readers of this who aren't blood-relatives, I'm 26 years old, which means literally as long as I've been mentally aware of Presidential elections, the winner has been named either Clinton and Bush. I'm sure that is fine, and in some countries it's fairly normal to keep people in power much longer than 4 or 8 years. But the Bush/Clinton flip-flopping was starting to smell an awful lot like a regime. And as the democratic nomination wore down and I didn't know if Obama would beat out Clinton, I felt ...fatigue... towards our Federal government and its inability to right itself when it is screwed up. Thankfully Obama got the democratic nod, but then whispers started to appear that Hillary might get the VP spot. I swore up an down that Obama wouldn't do this, not just because I loathe that harlot...I mean woman...but also because surely he wouldn't reward her for making the democratic primary last so long? And then I worried, what if he does pick Clinton for his VP, and then he gets assassinated? It's not an unheard of scenario. My personal favorite president, T Roosevelt, became president by backing into the spot. My mind raced with fear, what if Hillary does the same? What if she's then reelected 4 years later and we get 8 MORE years of Clinton?

Thankfully Obama proved me right, and didn't choose Clinton as his VP choice. We'll get at least a 4 year break from the Bush/Clinton yo-yo. Maybe even 8 years, because if Obama is elected president, then surely he'll be the democratic candidate in 2012. And by then Mrs. Clinton may not be in a position to make a run for the White House. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Don't get me wrong. I want a woman to be president, and I want it to happen during my daughter's formative years so she can see that there is no job in America for which a woman is unqualified. But I just don't want that woman President to be Mrs. Clinton.
Diesen Post per E-Mail versendenBlogThis!Auf X teilenIn Facebook freigeben
Posted in | No comments
Neuerer Post Älterer Post Startseite

0 Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Abonnieren Kommentare zum Post (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • Local Variety Show
    Lewis Diuguid, completely free to write about whatever crosses his mind , informs us all that "socialist" is a code word J. Edgar ...
  • Virtuous Joe Six-Pack (of Zima, of course)
    Megan happens to post about a similar topic to what I was going to post about, giving me further evidence that today is a good day to post ...
  • A Time For Violence
    I feel like our nation is averse to warfare. Our society has set us up to feel guilty for the use of violence, and has pushed down masculini...
  • Ahem
    House Democrats attempt to bolster their own numbers by changing the Articles of Confederation. Similar to the Kansas-Nebraska Act (or the...
  • Read the whole post.
    Despite my best efforts : And in case I didn't make it clear above, spare me your linkspam for or against vaccines and circumcision. I k...
  • Oh, hi Colin.
    The thing that struck me about Colin Powell throwing his name onto the Obama roster was "who is affected by this?" Who on earth, s...
  • OPEC's Short Term Memory
    Now, I can't guarantee it was intentional, but it seems to me that OPEC's strategy during the 90's was to oversupply oil to the ...
  • Republican = Traitor?
    Excuse me Frank Schaeffer, but please, shut your mouth . I protest stimulus because I love this country, not because I hate it. Oh sorry, I ...
  • And now for a word on illegal immigrants.
    In a recent local police/Federal authority joint effort, it was discovered that of the 366 prisoners locked up in the Johnson County, Kansas...
  • Tragedy in Buffalo
    Chris Kausner, believing his sister was on the plane, rushed to a hastily established command center after calling his vacationing mother in...

Categories

  • Al Davis
  • Bailout
  • ben affleck
  • Big 3
  • Bill Ayers
  • bipartisanship
  • Bush
  • Cabinet Positions
  • car wreck
  • cellulosic ethanol
  • Christianity
  • Chrysler
  • Clarence Chu
  • Credit Crisis
  • cycling
  • Del Sol
  • Detriot
  • Detroit
  • economics
  • economy
  • egomaniac
  • electricity
  • Endowments
  • engineering
  • Environmental Hypocrisy
  • ESPN
  • ethics
  • evolution
  • existentialism
  • fiscal conservatism
  • Ford
  • Fox News
  • Freddie Mac
  • gas
  • GM
  • Godzilla
  • Green Revolution
  • GTX
  • Harley-Davidson
  • harvard
  • Honda
  • hunting
  • Islam
  • Jerry Jones
  • Kanye West
  • keith olbermann
  • Lance Armstrong
  • market socialism
  • McCain
  • Mere Christianity
  • morality
  • Mountain Dew
  • MTV
  • Mumbai
  • NASA
  • NCLB
  • neandertals
  • No Child Left Behind
  • Obama
  • oil
  • Pakistan
  • Palin
  • per diem
  • philosophy
  • Poetry
  • predictions
  • Rahm Emanuel
  • senators
  • sex
  • Socialism
  • Stimulus
  • Thanksgiving
  • the market
  • urine recycler
  • Zombies

Blog Archive

  • ►  2009 (228)
    • ►  April (45)
    • ►  März (72)
    • ►  Februar (64)
    • ►  Januar (47)
  • ▼  2008 (182)
    • ►  Dezember (47)
    • ►  November (46)
    • ►  Oktober (43)
    • ►  September (39)
    • ▼  August (7)
      • Hummer Years, Politicians, and Breakdance Videos
      • Harvard
      • Apathetical Analysis
      • Pride goeth with a screeching of tires.
      • Calculated risk
      • Technology + Boredom = Coolness
      • Government Policy Rewards CEO Lying, So We Get Mor...
Powered by Blogger.

Über mich

david
Mein Profil vollständig anzeigen