This week's Idol sits on my DVR, so I can't make statements towards which contestants did the best. I am sure my personal favorite, "30 Seconds To Mars Boy", did well. Anyone who can out-Cher Cher gets my vote.
Anyway, I have seen arguments that the current format is dull, or too bloody. For those that don't know, typically Idol lets America start voting with 24 contestants remaining and winnows those down to the final winner. This season they are doing 3 independent groups of 12, each of which has one episode to pass along 3 winners, creating a "final group" of 9, of which, 3 wild card contestants will be added for a "final 12" which will be eliminated one by one.
In my opinion, this method works much better for finding talent. If only 25% of a group pass through, rather than 92%, there is less chance that a Sanjaya or Bucky can sneak through week after week. The final 12 will be a stronger group.
_
Donnerstag, 26. Februar 2009
Abonnieren
Kommentare zum Post (Atom)
0 Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen