I'm sure the reason so many Representatives voted against the bailout was because of the insightful writings of yours truly.
My goodness, this is gonna take a while to wrap my head around. Back when TAE was so loudly against this thing (here, here, here, here), it was mostly because deep down I knew it would pass and therefore felt at liberty to rail against it, like any free American.
Now it's failed, and I'm suddenly very worried about my job, keeping a roof over my family's head, and whether or not the Air Force Reserves are hiring, because government work may be the only kind available.
Let's hope the indomitable force of American Democracy stumbles, but does not fall.
Interesting note: I wrote originally that the bailout was financial self-protection by congresspersons with vested interests in these companies that (as I write this) are collapsing like failed stars. Now it turns out the bailout may have been partially rejected because Congresspersons are more concerned about job security than about their own fortunes. Powermongering trumps greed every time.
Montag, 29. September 2008
Abonnieren
Kommentare zum Post (Atom)
0 Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen