abujug blogspot

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Montag, 1. September 2008

Sarah Palin, Grandmother at 44

Posted on 11:56 by david
Apparently McCain's VP choice has a pregnant teen daughter.

Pregnancy out of wedlock is a touchy subject for me, believe it or not. I am highly supportive of anyone who thinks it through and decides to keep their child. If your child is something you want and you aren't afraid to accept the responsibility of being its parent, then keeping the baby is the absolutely most wonderful thing you can do in this whole world. On the other hand if you are a scared 16-year-old with no one to help you, then I support your ability to think about (and freely decide without legal interference) what is best for the baby.

Anyway, it is hard not to judge McCain's running mate, Mrs. Palin, because her daughter is pregnant. It's so much easier to say "wow, what kind of a mother? What kind of a household is it that this teenager needed that physical affirmation from her boyfriend? What kind of household raised a girl who acquiesced to sex? Much less sex without birth control?"
But it is not fair for us to judge her solely on the acts of her children. No parent can truly control their child. You can do your best for them, but (especially as they become numerous) eventually you'll have to let them out of your sight and hope their internal compass keeps them true. So it's not Sarah Palin's fault she'll be a grandmother at 44.

...OR IS IT?

I know three things about Palin right now, and forgive me for not reading all about her before I write this, but background on her is inconsequential to this entry, so I got most of my info on her from msnbc in five minutes.
1. She's young physically and politically. It has been pointed out that the amount of time McCain has spent running for president exceeds the total amount of time Palin has spent in politics. As we all try to figure out why McCain chose her, I'm sure we'll all come up with our own theories (or happily recycle the theories of our mentors). My theory is that she will help McCain shore up any allegiances amongst the conservative wing of the GOP while stealing a few Clintonites. My other theory is it was a "bold move" and the McCain team just wanted someone to say they did something other than attack Obama. "This week McCain took a break from attacking Obama and took the bold move..." It makes it sound like this is all planned ahead of time.

2. Her husband obviously thinks he is Napolean Bonaparte. See the image associated with this story.

3. She's like, crazy pro-life and junk. This may be just something people are latching onto, but it seems like an awful lot of people are repeating it. And so here comes my worry: can a political candidate who is pro-life let her daughter have an abortion? I don't care whether Mrs. Palin thinks abortion is right or wrong, she's not the one that is pregnant. But as a paranoid delusional person that I am, I have to ask myself if Gov. Palin's daughter really had a say in the matter. And that worry scares me because I'd hate to see someone putting their politics before their family.
Diesen Post per E-Mail versendenBlogThis!Auf X teilenIn Facebook freigeben
Posted in | No comments
Neuerer Post Älterer Post Startseite

0 Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Abonnieren Kommentare zum Post (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • Local Variety Show
    Lewis Diuguid, completely free to write about whatever crosses his mind , informs us all that "socialist" is a code word J. Edgar ...
  • Virtuous Joe Six-Pack (of Zima, of course)
    Megan happens to post about a similar topic to what I was going to post about, giving me further evidence that today is a good day to post ...
  • A Time For Violence
    I feel like our nation is averse to warfare. Our society has set us up to feel guilty for the use of violence, and has pushed down masculini...
  • Ahem
    House Democrats attempt to bolster their own numbers by changing the Articles of Confederation. Similar to the Kansas-Nebraska Act (or the...
  • Read the whole post.
    Despite my best efforts : And in case I didn't make it clear above, spare me your linkspam for or against vaccines and circumcision. I k...
  • Oh, hi Colin.
    The thing that struck me about Colin Powell throwing his name onto the Obama roster was "who is affected by this?" Who on earth, s...
  • OPEC's Short Term Memory
    Now, I can't guarantee it was intentional, but it seems to me that OPEC's strategy during the 90's was to oversupply oil to the ...
  • Republican = Traitor?
    Excuse me Frank Schaeffer, but please, shut your mouth . I protest stimulus because I love this country, not because I hate it. Oh sorry, I ...
  • And now for a word on illegal immigrants.
    In a recent local police/Federal authority joint effort, it was discovered that of the 366 prisoners locked up in the Johnson County, Kansas...
  • Tragedy in Buffalo
    Chris Kausner, believing his sister was on the plane, rushed to a hastily established command center after calling his vacationing mother in...

Categories

  • Al Davis
  • Bailout
  • ben affleck
  • Big 3
  • Bill Ayers
  • bipartisanship
  • Bush
  • Cabinet Positions
  • car wreck
  • cellulosic ethanol
  • Christianity
  • Chrysler
  • Clarence Chu
  • Credit Crisis
  • cycling
  • Del Sol
  • Detriot
  • Detroit
  • economics
  • economy
  • egomaniac
  • electricity
  • Endowments
  • engineering
  • Environmental Hypocrisy
  • ESPN
  • ethics
  • evolution
  • existentialism
  • fiscal conservatism
  • Ford
  • Fox News
  • Freddie Mac
  • gas
  • GM
  • Godzilla
  • Green Revolution
  • GTX
  • Harley-Davidson
  • harvard
  • Honda
  • hunting
  • Islam
  • Jerry Jones
  • Kanye West
  • keith olbermann
  • Lance Armstrong
  • market socialism
  • McCain
  • Mere Christianity
  • morality
  • Mountain Dew
  • MTV
  • Mumbai
  • NASA
  • NCLB
  • neandertals
  • No Child Left Behind
  • Obama
  • oil
  • Pakistan
  • Palin
  • per diem
  • philosophy
  • Poetry
  • predictions
  • Rahm Emanuel
  • senators
  • sex
  • Socialism
  • Stimulus
  • Thanksgiving
  • the market
  • urine recycler
  • Zombies

Blog Archive

  • ►  2009 (228)
    • ►  April (45)
    • ►  März (72)
    • ►  Februar (64)
    • ►  Januar (47)
  • ▼  2008 (182)
    • ►  Dezember (47)
    • ►  November (46)
    • ►  Oktober (43)
    • ▼  September (39)
      • This fulfills my obligation to say something about...
      • Sarah Palin 0, Katie Couric 1
      • This is your math on cars.
      • Bailout subtexts.
      • BAILOUT FAILS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      • History repeats itself in frustrating fashion.
      • Go Big 12 or Go Home!
      • Double Car Post
      • Somebody set up us the bomb.
      • Someday maybe I'll be a one-name name too.
      • The Lost Decade
      • Read the whole article, buddy.
      • And now for some good news.
      • Who's fault is it anyway?
      • Congress protects Congress.
      • Bailouts and CEO pay rates.
      • Palin begins her short descent into reality
      • KDOT, Deb Miller, and McCain
      • Al Davis, owner of the Zombies Raiders
      • Sisterly Cynicism
      • I am government bailout and you can too!
      • Laissez-faire Reaganomics
      • Palin + Hillary = Hillarity
      • The Abstracted Professor
      • Bad Hurricane Forecasts Become the Norm!
      • Large Hadron Collider
      • 9/11 blogging by requirement
      • You heard it here first.
      • Fannie-Freddy and Bush is a socialist
      • Just by typing the name Britney Spears I'm adding ...
      • Football Anger
      • Boeing Machinist Strike
      • Cellulosic Ethanol
      • A rare, kind word of praise for the Republicans
      • Philosophy in a Mountain Dew
      • Black Holes (Funding and Literal)
      • Detroit (Tokyo) Muscle
      • This is my rifle, this is my "gun"...
      • Sarah Palin, Grandmother at 44
    • ►  August (7)
Powered by Blogger.

Über mich

david
Mein Profil vollständig anzeigen