So if someone were to ask me (and they did) to describe God using math, I felt compelled to take on the task. So here goes.
The chances of winning the Powerball jackpot are approximately 1 in 140 million, or something like that. So if you buy 1 Powerball ticket you stand a pretty good chance of losing. That is, there is a 99.9999992% chance that you will lose. If you buy two tickets, your chances increase to an equally insurmountable 99.999998% chance of losing. Or, simply put, it is mathematically impossible for anyone to win. But somehow, week after week, someone wins.
Let me try a different example. If I told you .99999999 = 1 you'd laugh at me. But what if I asked you the decimal value of 1/9? That is 0.11111111 (an infinite number of 1's). Now if I said "multiply that by 9" you'd get 0.99999999 (an infinite number of 9's). but 9 X 1/9th is 9/9ths and that simplifies down to 1/1 or simply 1. So 1 = 0.99999999 which is weirdly impossible.
Or, what if I said that a rectangle of infinite height but infinitesmal width has an area of one? How so? Well, infinity can be described, simply, as infinitity, and infinitesmal can be described as 1/infinity. If you multiply width times length to get area, you get infinity X 1/infinity, the infinities cancel, and you end up with 1/1.
Or what if I said that God = infinity. That's something a religious mathematician can agree with. Now if I said "My holiness = 1." Surely there is someone who is at least twice as Holy as I am. That person would then have a Holy value of 2. Someone twice as Holy as them would have a Holy value of 4. And so on and so forth so that after 200 iterations of Holiness later, you're still not at a googleplex (a 1 with 100 zeros). And that's still infinitesmal compared to infinity.
But none of those really describe the full mathematical power of God. There is, in my opinion, only one equation that truly captures the infinite qualities of God, the uniqueness of God, the true majesty that is God.
e^(i*pi)-1 = 0
This magical equation contains every quintessential mathematical number in history.
And that's my 0.02 dollars.
_
0 Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen