abujug blogspot

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Montag, 24. November 2008

NASA, HIRE ME!

Posted on 11:33 by david
Dear NASA,

Embarassed for the engineers who designed the faulty urine recycler that cost you $250 million, I have designed and propose to you a urine collector that will work for 20 years, cost less than $500 to build, and less than $300 to service and replace. Best of all, I guarantee this machine will work, time after time, year after year. Because I love my country and low taxes, I pass this design along to you for free.

Here's how it works:
1. Astronaut puts urine into balloon container.
2. Balloon container placed in decompression chamber.
3. Decompression chamber releases gases into space, decompressing it.
4. Urine evaporates spontaneously due to low pressure.
5. Hand bellows pumps urine through filter that removes particulates into second balloon in compression chamber.
6. Second chamber returned to cabin pressure.
7. Pure water spontaneously condenses.
8. Astronaut drinks pure water.
9. Periodically change filter.

I have many other obvious ideas that would save you a fortune. Give me a call some time, I'd be happy to save you more money.


Sincerely,

TAE


_
Diesen Post per E-Mail versendenBlogThis!Auf X teilenIn Facebook freigeben
Posted in engineering, fiscal conservatism, NASA, urine recycler | No comments
Neuerer Post Älterer Post Startseite

0 Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Abonnieren Kommentare zum Post (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • Local Variety Show
    Lewis Diuguid, completely free to write about whatever crosses his mind , informs us all that "socialist" is a code word J. Edgar ...
  • Virtuous Joe Six-Pack (of Zima, of course)
    Megan happens to post about a similar topic to what I was going to post about, giving me further evidence that today is a good day to post ...
  • A Time For Violence
    I feel like our nation is averse to warfare. Our society has set us up to feel guilty for the use of violence, and has pushed down masculini...
  • Ahem
    House Democrats attempt to bolster their own numbers by changing the Articles of Confederation. Similar to the Kansas-Nebraska Act (or the...
  • Read the whole post.
    Despite my best efforts : And in case I didn't make it clear above, spare me your linkspam for or against vaccines and circumcision. I k...
  • Oh, hi Colin.
    The thing that struck me about Colin Powell throwing his name onto the Obama roster was "who is affected by this?" Who on earth, s...
  • OPEC's Short Term Memory
    Now, I can't guarantee it was intentional, but it seems to me that OPEC's strategy during the 90's was to oversupply oil to the ...
  • Republican = Traitor?
    Excuse me Frank Schaeffer, but please, shut your mouth . I protest stimulus because I love this country, not because I hate it. Oh sorry, I ...
  • And now for a word on illegal immigrants.
    In a recent local police/Federal authority joint effort, it was discovered that of the 366 prisoners locked up in the Johnson County, Kansas...
  • Tragedy in Buffalo
    Chris Kausner, believing his sister was on the plane, rushed to a hastily established command center after calling his vacationing mother in...

Categories

  • Al Davis
  • Bailout
  • ben affleck
  • Big 3
  • Bill Ayers
  • bipartisanship
  • Bush
  • Cabinet Positions
  • car wreck
  • cellulosic ethanol
  • Christianity
  • Chrysler
  • Clarence Chu
  • Credit Crisis
  • cycling
  • Del Sol
  • Detriot
  • Detroit
  • economics
  • economy
  • egomaniac
  • electricity
  • Endowments
  • engineering
  • Environmental Hypocrisy
  • ESPN
  • ethics
  • evolution
  • existentialism
  • fiscal conservatism
  • Ford
  • Fox News
  • Freddie Mac
  • gas
  • GM
  • Godzilla
  • Green Revolution
  • GTX
  • Harley-Davidson
  • harvard
  • Honda
  • hunting
  • Islam
  • Jerry Jones
  • Kanye West
  • keith olbermann
  • Lance Armstrong
  • market socialism
  • McCain
  • Mere Christianity
  • morality
  • Mountain Dew
  • MTV
  • Mumbai
  • NASA
  • NCLB
  • neandertals
  • No Child Left Behind
  • Obama
  • oil
  • Pakistan
  • Palin
  • per diem
  • philosophy
  • Poetry
  • predictions
  • Rahm Emanuel
  • senators
  • sex
  • Socialism
  • Stimulus
  • Thanksgiving
  • the market
  • urine recycler
  • Zombies

Blog Archive

  • ►  2009 (228)
    • ►  April (45)
    • ►  März (72)
    • ►  Februar (64)
    • ►  Januar (47)
  • ▼  2008 (182)
    • ►  Dezember (47)
    • ▼  November (46)
      • Market Surge
      • Flash forward
      • Obligatory Thanksgiving Reflection Post
      • Taxing gas
      • Joe Biden, President
      • Bipartisanship NEVER works
      • NASA, HIRE ME!
      • Leave NCLB Behind.
      • Stimulate me...again! (Again)
      • Let them eat cake?
      • Dot's Poetry Corner
      • Waiter, check please.
      • Economic Nightmare/Dream
      • All out of excuses?
      • Motorala's newest phone: The Kevlar
      • Latest news on pirates
      • I win!! Oil at $49.75 in early trading!
      • Ross Douthat, shameless bootlicker
      • My Detroit Bailout.
      • Cry havoc and let slip the robots of war!
      • There's a Run on Guns at Macy's!!
      • Butterflies to Flowers: Drop Dead.
      • I love peace, but WE love war.
      • The Voice of My Generation - Kanye West?
      • Ivory Tower Academics
      • Earth, the Toilet Paper Roll
      • Just when you think you've seen it all...
      • Detroit...let em burn?
      • Green Revolution (UPDATED)
      • Now what?
      • Why not record my life digitally?
      • An Open Letter to the President-elect.
      • Fantasy Cabinet Draft
      • Note to Isolationists: Don't Expect Star Wars.
      • One last thought on yesterday
      • Fox News
      • Wacky Californians
      • Hangover
      • The Cougar
      • Election Coverage
      • Tuesday, November 4th.
      • Why would I want a cure?
      • Countdown with Ben Affleck
      • Defeatism at its finest
      • This fulfills my obligation to say something about...
      • Deciding factor.
    • ►  Oktober (43)
    • ►  September (39)
    • ►  August (7)
Powered by Blogger.

Über mich

david
Mein Profil vollständig anzeigen