At 5:06 AM this morning, as I slunk quietly in with the demonic horde to my local Best Buy electronics megastore, I thought to myself that what I would be thankful for would be if I simply survived. Having heard the news that earlier that morning a man had in fact been trampled to death at a Long Island Wal-Mart, you can imagine that I, the stereotypical anti-shopper, was feeling a little anxiety as I meandered back to the television section to buy a remarkably cheap item for my brother-in-law. Twice shoved out of the way by frenzied consumers, I eventually made it to the back, and to my item of choice. Once I had the item in hand, it actually became sort of a game, trying to find my way to the front, then being directed into a hairpin theme-park line composed of rows of refrigerators. I purchased the item and was gone: in and out in less than 10 minutes.
When I returned home, I finished my cup of coffee, put the item away, hung up my coat, and climbed back into my warm bed next to my snoozing wife.
I was thankful to be home, to be in a warm bed, and to have my wife there waiting for me.
_
Freitag, 28. November 2008
Obligatory Thanksgiving Reflection Post
Posted on 18:28 by david
Abonnieren
Kommentare zum Post (Atom)
0 Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen