After they called it for Obama at 10:02 CST, I turned to The Abstracted Wife, who was at the computer working on homework, and said "honey remember where you are right now because our kids are gonna ask us."
This morning, here in the Midwest in an affluent neighborhood, at a middle-class job in a male-dominated industry, I don't see a lot of reaction, just a lot of quiet faces doing their work and not talking about their loss. I don't really feel like the awesome, radical act of last night has sunk in fully; how can it when there is literally no one around me to talk about it with?
Well anyway, congratulations to America for being the shining light of democracy in an increasingly undemocratic world.
Where was I when Barack Obama got elected? I was sitting on my couch, marveling at the fact that Brit Hume's face must be at least 18 inches from chin to forehead, and looking forward to going to Chicago this Friday.
Mittwoch, 5. November 2008
Abonnieren
Kommentare zum Post (Atom)
0 Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen