I heard on TV a couple weeks back that the most recent $780 billion stimulus package included enough tax reductions that the average American will see $13 back in their wallet every week, starting immediately.
This afternoon I heard on the radio that today is Global Food Crisis Day, and that a starving child could have food for an entire month for the magic sum of $13. So if I donated $52 a month I could keep four starving children alive, and my net monthly income would not change, I could go on living the happy American life I am living?
We are we all not signing up for this immediately? Honestly, its money you didn't budget for, you might as well do some good with it.
I am not coming down on you if you don't do as I do, and throw this money at a losing cause like starving children in third world countries, but seriously, is your $13 a week worth more to you than a human life?
This afternoon I heard on the radio that today is Global Food Crisis Day, and that a starving child could have food for an entire month for the magic sum of $13. So if I donated $52 a month I could keep four starving children alive, and my net monthly income would not change, I could go on living the happy American life I am living?
We are we all not signing up for this immediately? Honestly, its money you didn't budget for, you might as well do some good with it.
I am not coming down on you if you don't do as I do, and throw this money at a losing cause like starving children in third world countries, but seriously, is your $13 a week worth more to you than a human life?
p.s. that picture won the Pulitzer Prize in 1994, and has haunted me since. The photographer later committed suicide.
_
0 Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen